I was watching Pippi Peterson’s YouTube channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/designfunthings) about her RV life and she talked about a bucket list. I used to have a bucket list but hadn’t thought about it in years. So it gets me thinking I need to look at my old bucket list. It used to be on 43things (a great make-a-list site) but alas that site is gone. Fortunately, I downloaded it.
43Things Bucket List
- Learn free motion quilting – DONE
- Remove silver fillings – DONE
- Knit a sweater – DONE
- Learn to draw
- Learn another language
- Write a book and publish it
Not a single travel location which is surprising. I want to see many places and experience different cultures so I really need a new bucket list. But at least I have accomplished some of the list.
New Bucket List
- Go to Ecuador and Galápagos Islands
- Visit Italy
- Travel to Scotland and Ireland
- Take a train ride
- Travel by Van/Kombi and see Crater Lake, Yellowstone, Grand Tetons, and Redwoods
- Publish a book
- Sell the business and retire early – DONE
- Heal my Fibromyalgia
Obviously I want to travel and write so that is one reason I am simplifying my life so I can afford to.
1993 Bucket List
I found a notebook from 1993 while I was reducing my belongings. It was interesting to see what I wrote and where I was in my life and thinking. And there was another list because I am the list queen. So here ya go:
- Hike the Appalachian Trail
- Go to Australia
- Go to Disney World
- Meet Robin Williams
- Build a Robot
- Publish a Novel
- Run 3 miles without dying
- Weigh 130 pounds
- Get a Masters
- Build a Grandfather’s Clock
- Reupholster a piece of furniture – DONE
- Make a Quilt – DONE
Have you noticed every list has some form of “Write a book”? Writing is important to me but I just haven’t gotten to the point where I have written a whole novel. Lots of short stories and half-written novels. So that is still an aspect of my life I will priotize.
I would love to hear about your gotta-do-this list in the comments. What adventure is on the top of your list?